5.15.2006

I trust in God's unfailing love.

I have been to the women's retreat 5 times now, which seems crazy to me. This one will probably be my last, though I'm still hoping for a mother's day flight out some year to rejoin my friends (hint hint, Ryan). This year was the best one I have been to. I should start out by saying that my first year was a disaster where I didn't know anyone and somehow erroneously thought that the retreat was a time to meet people--this is not the case--the retreat is a time to deepen relationships with people you already know. Anyway, this year was a great group of women--some new friends and some old, but we all clicked very well. Plus, I got to spend time with friends I never see and might never get a chance to have a long conversation with again. The weather was beautiful--the first time in five years when it's been sunny and warm. Most of all, Andree (the speaker) was really tapping into what I needed to hear. How do we trust in God when circumstances make us freak out? This was so timely because of Bridger's illness the week before (it was so bad they were testing him for mono, liver damage and leukemia). I only hope this message will continue to penetrate my heart. Thanks to all my girlfriends who made my time at the retreat--and my time here in Philadelphia--such a blessing.

2 Comments:

At 8:26 AM, May 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it looks and sounds like that was a sweet time. come on out for another retreat, we support that idea! so sorry we missed friday.
p.s. you and heidi could be sisters.

 
At 12:04 PM, June 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad we could spend time together, please do come out to visit another year-- I think that's a great idea!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home