3.17.2006

Hiccups

I felt the baby hiccup for the first time today and I couldn't help but be reminded of the first time I felt Joshua hiccup. Although most of pregnancy is filled with strange movements in your mid-section, hiccups are really the only thing that has a completely comparable outside-the-womb counterpart. Hiccups were always extremely upsetting to Bridger and I would have to nurse him everytime he had them (it would make them stop) up until about 4 months when his little self could handle it. Anyway, I remember feeling Joshua hiccup and realizing that I would never see him hiccup outside the womb. There he was, inside with his little diapragm working fine, but that was the closest I would ever get to witnessing his body in action. It made me grateful for the blessings of pregnancy and it makes me grateful today, even though I'm feeling increasingly slow and fat. God's design really is amazing--connecting mother and child for so long before birth. It was a comfort to me to have that connection when I lost Joshua and I can imagine it has been so for many women through the centuries who have lost babies.

2 Comments:

At 2:50 PM, March 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beatiful and sad at the same time. Thank you for sharing this!
Leah

 
At 6:32 AM, March 18, 2006, Blogger nmacha said...

God uses everything to bring Himself glory.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home