1.20.2006

What I've been reading lately












I just finished an Isabel Allende reading kick. My office is full of former English majors so I get a lot of recommendations and books are always being passed around. My favorites of the four were Daughter of Fortune (fiction) and Paula (memoir). Portrait in Sepia and The House of Spirits were good, but maybe too much like Daughter of Fortune and I got a bit bored. I would highly recommend her writing, though. The tales are spun moving back and forth through generations and time--similar to Gabriel Garcia-Marquez. Anyone else read these?

1 Comments:

At 9:04 PM, January 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is my first ever blog comment. I have not read Allende, but as you referenced Garcia-Marquez I wanted to suggest his autobiography "Living to tell the tale." It is very similar to his novels, highly enjoyable! --Sarah White

 

Post a Comment

<< Home