6.04.2006

Thoughts on Leaving

So, I've been meaning to post a few thoughts on leaving our home of five years, but I keep thinking I'll gain some emotional insight that will allow me to encapsulate my experience. This insight continues to allude me. What I do know is that we came to Philadelphia without knowing a soul and the first few months were very lonely as I was at an awful job and we were not yet really connected with New Life. Plus, we had entered the post-college state where the ease of meeting people grinds to the pace of a sloth, especially when everyone you know has kids and has a total of two hours per month available to hang out.
It's amazing to think that five years later we have left so many relationships that feel like they've been life-long. The last week we were here, our dear friends Lise and Heidi threw us two going-away parties, even though their schedules were packed. These were such wonderful events where we were able to say goodbye to so many people in a memorable way--there were many words spoken to us that we will never forget. And now that we're away and looking to move on to where we will be starting from scratch again (only this time with our out-going little Bridger to help us along) we are encouraged by our friends out in Philly. Keep a spare room open for us to come back and visit!

1 Comments:

At 6:52 PM, June 18, 2006, Blogger The Moser Family said...

I'm thankful that you'll have Bridger this time around. He is God's gift to you to help you to meet people. :)
It is amazing how many dear friends you can make in a short time. But, let that be an encouragement to you for the future.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home