11.19.2006

I'm having a hard time keeping up with the blog since we are so stinking busy around the house, but I thought I'd put up a few pictures of what we've been doing. We enjoy a very large yard with a HUGE silver maple tree, but this means lots of raking. You can see a bit in this picture of the piles of leaves. We also spent a lot of time painting our fence. The previous owner had painted it white last summer, however, there is a large wisteria bush that overhangs the fence in the summer and is gorgeous, but once it was pruned for the winter, half the fence was still brown and was a big eyesore.
Ryan's been working on an endless list of "honey-do's" which I am thankful that he actually enjoys--wiring, installing ceiling fans, garbage disposals, replacing the utility sink, cleaning the chimney. But we did run into an issue that even my Renaissance handy-man couldn't tackle and we had to have a plumber come flush the pipes--I guess it needs to be done every few years, and of course would happen to us the second week of living here!
We are enjoying some great nights by the fire and generally getting more and more settled.

3 Comments:

At 6:06 PM, November 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so cute rachel! congratulations. enjoy that fireplace.

 
At 4:38 AM, November 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry... this song kept running through my head as I read your blog..."Chestnuts roasting by an open fire..." !!

 
At 7:30 PM, December 07, 2006, Blogger The Moser Family said...

LOL Daisy! Much better even than the advice my uncle shares with my sister and I - "never fry bacon naked."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home